Buckle up! Your newly expanded EIA has arrived!
Your comfier, speedier, tastier, chicer Edmonton International Airport (EIA) is now open. The expansion of a lifetime.
Streamlined boarding processes, comfier gate areas and six new moving sidewalks give you time to relax, shop or dine in comfort before you fly.
With highly visible signage, it's easy to find your way to shopping, restaurants, washrooms or even your gate!
The new Central Hall, US Departures Lounge and Canada Arrivals hall are all now open for business.
EIA is chicer and tastier with 34 new shops and restaurants.
There's more to come!
We have more exciting phases to come:
• New Canada Arrivals Hall - Just opened
• Domestic-International Lounge - Just opened
• Central Tower (for new offices and NAV Canada air control) - Early 2013
• Renaissance Hotel, (privately owned) 210-room hotel connected to EIA - Mid 2013
Your airport is a destination in and of itself, embodying the EIA brand: we'll move you.
About Expansion 2012
Expansion 2012 includes five projects that together transform Edmonton International Airport:
• A bigger terminal building
• A new Central Tower
• More aircraft parking space
• A new power substation
• An upgraded utilities plant
Fun facts about Expansion 2012! Click Here.
But Expansion 2012 is more than just new buildings. It's about delivering an airport that is:
• Easier and quicker to move through, and departure lounges that are roomier and comfier
• Tastier and chicer with 34 new shops and restaurants
• Able to attract airlines with more parking spots for more flights to more places
• Relaxing and stimulating with art you can see, hear, touch and experience
• Healthier and greener with many sustainable features, including the Living Wall - the first of its kind to be used in an airport